Beautifully refurbished, well-equipped village hall for hire
Towersey Memorial hall is a newly refurbished and well-equipped village hall for hire. Situated at the heart of Towersey village, it is at the crossroads, diagonally opposite St Catherine’s Church. With convenient access to Thame, Haddenham, Longwick, Princes Risborough, Chinnor and Tetsworth, makes it an ideal venue for functions, children’s parties, charity or club events and wedding receptions.
The hall is equipped with WiFi providing free internet access for hall users making it an ideal meeting room to hire for informal business gatherings.
It is located at the centre of Towersey village on Chinnor Road. For SatNav directions use OX9 3QY.
- Main hall dimensions 15m x 6m. The beams, which are the lowest point of the ceiling, are 2.45m from the floor (and spaced 3m apart).
- Tables and chairs to seat up to 80
- Well-equipped kitchen including washing-up machine, 6-plate electric stove, large oven, microwave and warming oven
- Cutlery and crockery (not glasses) included.
- Wheelchair access
- Male, female and disabled toilets and baby-changing facilities
- Air-conditioning units for heating and cooling. The units take air from outside and either cools or heats it before pushing into hall. They do not recycle the same air, which aids effective ventilation.
- Free WiFi for users
Competitive hall hire charges
The village hall is available for hire at £18 per hour, subject a minimum of two hours per booking and a maximum of £180 for a full day. Towersey residents benefit from a 50% discount.
There is a £100 deposit on hiring of the hall. All hirers must complete and sign the standard hire contract. Licenses for the sale of alcoholic drinks are the responsibility of the hirer subject to prior agreement when making the booking.
The hall is available for hire for:
- Children’s party (under 12’s only)
- 18-25’s party (lunchtime bookings only)
- Family party (Excluding birthday celebrations for someone aged 13-25)
- Wedding Reception
- Charity Event
Please note that the hall is located in the centre of a residential area with limited on-street parking. We ask all our users to adhere to the Highway Code and to be considerate to our neighbours. Evening functions must finish by midnight.
The Hall Committee has implemented an enhanced cleaning regime to ensure the safety of hall users and all hirers are asked to comply with these requirements. Please see the Risk Assessment for further details.
How to book
You can see current availability on the up-to-date calendar. To submit a booking request please check availability using the calendar and then complete the details on the online booking request. We will get back to you as soon as possible with confirmation of the booking and a hire agreement for you to sign and return with the deposit.
For further information please call 01844 318639 or email: email@example.com