Beautifully refurbished, well-equipped village hall for hire
Towersey Memorial hall is a newly refurbished and well-equipped village hall for hire. Situated at the heart of Towersey village, it is at the crossroads, diagonally opposite St Catherine’s Church. With convenient access to Thame, Haddenham, Longwick, Princes Risborough, Chinnor and Tetsworth, makes it an ideal venue for functions, children’s parties, charity or club events and wedding receptions.
The hall is equipped with WiFi providing free internet access for hall users making it an ideal meeting room to hire for informal business gatherings.
It is located at the centre of Towersey village on Chinnor Road. For SatNav directions use OX9 3QY.
- Main hall dimensions 15m x 6m. The beams, which are the lowest point of the ceiling, are 2.45m from the floor (and spaced 3m apart).
- Tables and chairs to seat up to 80
- Well-equipped kitchen including washing-up machine, 6-plate electric stove, large oven, microwave and warming oven
- Cutlery and crockery (not glasses) included.
- Wheelchair access
- Male, female and disabled toilets and baby-changing facilities
- Free WiFi for users
Venue to hire
The village hall is available for hire at £15 per hour, subject a minimum of two hours per booking and a maximum of £150 for a full day. Towersey residents benefit from a 50% discount. An additional charge of £2.50 per hour, for all users to cover the cost of electricity. The halls is available for hire for:
- Children’s party (under 11’s only)
- Family party (18-25’s event) –Booked by a non-village householder, lunchtime only
- Family party (18-25’s event) – Booked by a village householder – any time of day as long as the householder is present
- Family party (Over 25s event)
- Wedding Reception
- Charity Event
- Specified other events by special arrangement
Please note that the hall is located in the centre of a residential area with limited on-street parking. We ask all our users to adhere to the Highway Code and to be considerate to our neighbours. Evening functions must finish by midnight.
There is a £100 deposit on hiring of the hall. All hirers must complete and sign the standard hire contract. Licenses for the sale of alcoholic drinks are the responsibility of the hirer subject to prior agreement when making the booking.
You can see availability on the up-to-date calendar. To submit a booking request please check availability using the calendar and then complete the details on the online booking request. We will get back to you as soon as possible with confirmation of the booking and a contract for you to sign and return with the deposit.
For further information please call 01844 318639 or email: email@example.com